Someone is uploading this show on youtube finally. It's one of my all time favorite shows. I didn't watch it for the whole gimmick since it's all bullshit anyways, but the stories were great.
Beyond Belief is easily one of the greatest shows ever on TV. Sure, the acting was subpar at times, but most of the episodes featured at least one or two absolutely awesome stories. The problem with the show was that a lot of the stories turned into typical crap, like ghosts and crap, that people could see coming from a mile away. Plus, some of the stories were easy to guess. A mechanical gorilla comes to life and kills its owner's mean boss? Please.
Thankfully, the amount of good shows far outweighs the amount of crap, making this an awesome show. I have no idea why Fox decided to cancel this show so much, it was making good ratings. I really have nothing else to say, so I will give plot recaps of some of my favorite episodes.
1. The monster in the closet. If I haven't told you about this one, you don't know me well enough. A boy is scared of a monster in his closet. His schoolmates and brother tease him. One day, they threaten to put him in the closet, but the brother goes in, screaming when the door is closed. He is never seen again. Instant classic, scary as fuck, with horrific music, one of the most memorable closing lines ever, and the fact it's a TRUE STORY.
2. The boy who cried wolf. Another great one. Boy is teased at camp by two kids. The boy has a nightmare and is woken up by his counselor. The boy tells the story of his dream. The kids stray off and are confronted by a mean wolf. The boy then appears and feeds the wolf cookies, so the wolf leaves and the kids are saved. Suddenly, the kids run in and ask what the boy is doing there, since he just saved them from a wolf. But the boy was there the entire time.. suddenly he looks in his hand.. he finds a bag of cookies.
3. The red eyed monster. This one just freaked me out. A boy sees a red eyed demon in his kitchen every night. The mom even sees it. It turns out to just be the air conditioner lights though, so no worries. The nanny reads a story to the boy that night, and explains to him that monsters don't exist, etc. She then leaves the room, closes the door... and her eyes turn red. I cannot describe how scary and unpredictable that ending was. And again, it was true.
4. Pearl Harbor. Not scary, but awesome nevertheless. A teenage boy writes "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR" all over the school, at the end of the episode, the principal asks "I don't get it, what is Pearl Harbor and why should I remember it?" You see, the kid was writing it TWO DAYS before the attack happened. True story, too. My all time favorite BB episode that isn't scary at all. Just a really awesome true story.
5. Titan. Another non-scary one, and follows the same plotline of #4 to a certain extent, but #4's ending surprised me more. This guy writes a fake story about a ship named the Titan, with eerily similar relations to the Titanic, 100 years before the disaster happened. Awesome stuff.
6. The invisible cat. Back to the scary ones we go. A couple takes a picture and find an invisible cat is seen in the background. No one sees the cat except for them, the cat fades away when others see the picture. At the end of the episode, it turns out to be a evil spirit of a cat they abandoned years before. The cat then kills them. The only episode I've ever seen where all the main characters die, and a truly freaky one at that.
7. The Hindenburg. A couple celebrates their good fortune with their friends on a ship. 10 years before, their rings were fused together strangely, so they could not go on their cruise for the honeymoon. They were sad.. until the cruise was torpedoed and everyone on board died. At the end of the episode, the happy couple says "GOD BLESS THIS GREAT SHIP, THE HINDENBURG". And then they all die. Okay, so they all died in this one too, but it was still awesome and I freak out at the plot twist every time I see it. The best fake story on the list.
8. The mute janitor. This one is great too. Four kids find themselves trapped in detention. A mute and deaf janitor is being harassed by two of them. Later, one of the clowns starts writing on the chalkboard, when moans start occuring. Every time he writes using the chalk, moans occur. The moans eventually lead them to the manitor, who is MUTE and therefore cannot moan. Freaky shit, huh?
9. Predictor of doom. I LOVED this plot twist. A woman keeps predicting stuff will happen. She sees someone getting run over by a car, but she doesn't see the face. At the end of the episode, she finally sees the face.. her own. She dies that night in a hit and run. Brilliant stuff.
10. TIED! The haunted house. Wow, here I thought I wasn't going to get to 10, and I found 11. The 10th one is the haunted house story where a woman sees this dream house in her dreams. Every night she wanders the house in her dreams. One day, she finds the house in reality, and every detail is perfect.. but it turns out to be haunted. When she meets the homeowner, the homeowner says the woman IS the ghost haunting the house. The 2nd one is about a guy who decides to ride a haunted carousel. Everyone who rides it dies, but he thinks he can turn the fate around.. until he sticks his hand in the horse's mouth and a rattlesnake bites him.
Now you see why I love this show. Awesome stuff, huh? Check it out now.
You are not allowed to view links.